Monday, August 29, 2011

Next Sunday is the 8 Hours of Labor race at San Felasco, I'm pretty excited about it. I feel like I'm in better shape for it right now than I was in the last two years that I've done this race. Eight weeks ago I sure wouldn't have said that, but that was 16.4 lbs ago. It's not just loosing the weight that's got me feeling good, but I put together a training plan for myself that worked without interfering with my family and work too much. Putting the plan together was the easy part though, I managed to stick to it for 8 weeks, that's the hard part. For me anyway. This week is an easy recovery week with one decent mtb ride planed, then the 8 hour race on Sunday.

I really need to find my next event so that I can keep this momentum going. I find it's so much easier to stick to a training plan if I have an event coming up.



1 comment:

  1. Kris, Congrats on the weight loss, and good luck at the 8 hour! My recovery is taking too long to do a single lap this year let alone a goal of 7, so I'm envious. Have you checked out the GoneRiding site for more mtn bike races? I think Hailes Trails is Oct 1.

    ReplyDelete